[Frameworks] NNC presents: The Red 70s + Jester's Rotunda + Neil Rolnick

Justin Rhody justincliffordrhody at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 09:53:53 CDT 2022

*In case anyone's interested, h**ere's some info about upcoming programs at
No Name Cinema <http://nonamecinema.org> (with flyers attached).  You can
always find our future schedule listed on the website.*  *In the Summer
we'll be slowing our pace to only 2 screenings/month (along with occasional
workshops & art openings), but before that happens we've got something
lined up every weekend (with a Ken Jacobs program on the 22nd!)  The few of
us that collectively operate the microcinema (unpaid) all work day jobs,
have multiple personal projects in the works and wanna use the warm weather
to camp/shoot/write/travel.  Don't get the wrong idea though; our razor
remaineth sharp and we'll be goin' whole hog in the late Fall with a
ridiculously packed schedule.  In the meantime, we have a monthly double
dose of heavy-hitters lined up clear through August. -Justin*

*Friday April 8th --- doors at 7:30, films at 8pm*
*Free admission & Free popcorn (donations appreciated)*
*DEREK CATERWAUL - The Red 70s + Trailer Park Mix **(filmmaker in
attendance from Albuquerque NM) *Mind bending, expanding & melting video
collages of cinematic ephemera from Albuquerque-based video & sound artist
DCat. If Bruce Conner had a VCR and Craig Baldwin dealt in magnetic tape,
their early efforts may end up looking something like this. The Red 70s is
an 18 min treatise on the color of metaphor in post-hippy filmic
America *(SCREENER
LINK <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0OW1sLpXvc>)* & Trailer Park Mix is
a 2021 feature-length mash-down of truly epic proportions.

*Friday April 8th --- doors at 7:30, films at 8pm*
*Free admission & Free popcorn (donations appreciated)*
*JESTER'S ROTUNDA*, *directed by Carlo**s Gonzalez 2021 **(filmmaker in
attendance from Providence Rhode Island - Feature presented on VHS)* A
feature-length odyssey into the cracked worldview of a conspiracy theorist
who gets himself trapped in a vault with a mildly depressed bank teller.
Shot on video & edited with a VCR, 'Jester's...' serves up the basement
surrealism and meandering dialogue our society never realized it needed.
For decades, polymath visionary artist Carlos Gonzalez has been releasing
music under the nom de plume Russian Tsarlag, while also crafting graphic
novels, producing zero-budget feature length videos and touring the
underground of the United States. *W**ith opening shorts:* *MOVE OUTS* (2020,
by Justin Clifford Rhody w/ musical score by Carlos Gonzalez (SCREENER LINK
<https://vimeo.com/499923871>) A drifting malaise searches the domestic
interior for signs of life in this found footage short composed from source
material found on a VHS tape in a Midwestern American alleyway. & *THE
BEAST WITH FIVE FINGERS* (1946, directed by Robert Florey, presented on
silent super-8mm film) A severed hand terrorizes and then kills a man.

*Saturday April 16th --- doors at 2pm, music at 2:30pm*
*Free admission & Free herbal tea (donations appreciated)*

*NEIL ROLNICK (NYC) midday solo musical performance for laptop and
keyboard!*

Rolnick has been a pioneer in the use of computers in musical performance
since the late 1970s, his work has been performed world-wide and released
on over 20 albums. It's an extreme delight and honor to host Rolnick at NNC
for this live solo performance! *LIVE VIDEO
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQtMTfHp4D4>*

--
*Photography & Film: *justincliffordrhody.com
*No Name Cinema:* *www.nonamecinema.org* <http://www.nonamecinema.org>