[Frameworks] Sonic Celluliod - Friday, Feb. 18 in Chicago

Dan Anderson bcfilmfest at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 02:40:28 UTC 2022

Hey all!

I'll be making the trek up to Chicago this Friday, Feb. 18 to present
CINEPLOSION for WNUR 89.3's annual Sonic Celluloid event at Constellation
(3111 N Western Ave.). Door @ 8:00, Show @ 8:30, Tickets $15,
Mask/Vaccination Card required.

Tickets and info: https://www.facebook.com/events/2796468803978796

CINEPLOSION is a multi-projection project that provides experimental visual
stimulus for music festivals and sonic events. This particular setup will
include experimental Super 8mm film projection looped into and
cross-projected with analogue video synthesis. Sounds will be provided
by *Nicky/Sloppy
DJ*, *Kona FM* and *Graphics. *

I have been hosting CINEPLOSION's for music festivals and sound events for
over a decade, but old-timers might know me more for the semi-defunct
Bearded Child Film Festival that barnstormed the Midwest in the earlier
2000s. I'll be driving through a winter storm from Arkansas to (hopefully)
be there, and think this will be a good sleeper pick for a very odd and
unusual night!

If I remember to do it, the show may also be partially live-streamed at
instagram.com/cineplosion.

Thank ya and see ya! -- Dan Anderson