[Frameworks] Call For Entries - 29th Chicago Underground Film Festival

Warren Cockerham warrencockerham at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:48:17 UTC 2022

I agree. The programming is probably the most eclectic out of all “underground” film festivals. Even some of Dominic Angerame’s films have played in the past. But CUFF shouldn’t just be a mouthpiece for the old garde. Like Roger, I’ve seen work that I’ve never seen anywhere else. Consistently, CUFF has been a platform
for new discoveries and bold premieres. I don’t always love the liquor sponsorship requirements…. Fucking Jameson preshow reels a feel years back hurt my soul… and I don’t love seeing feature films from a distributor appear in the programming. But the genre-less, anti-academic approach from CUFF is refreshing. Sometimes these things can be a big tenure-track jerk off in the states. Glad CUFF has avoided that route. Programming non-commercial films for 30 years in the U.S. takes some doing.

Cheers to Bryan and CUFF for hanging on abs for giving a voice for thousands that wouldn’t have had an outlet otherwise.

Warren