[Frameworks] Call For Entries - 29th Chicago Underground Film Festival

Fred Camper f at fredcamper.com
Mon Jan 3 19:41:14 UTC 2022

Roger, thanks for posting something with some facts in it.

I stayed out of this because I have not had any dealings with this
festival in years, due to a shift in my own focus. But in the past,
Bryan Wendorf has always acted with integrity, at least with respect to me.

I feel the need to point out the contrast between the two negative
comments, which came with absolutely zero facts or reasons, and
Roger's.  If someone posts their experience, even with no way of judging
their post factually, one can still make certain inferences.  Late
resplies? Print not returned? Then Bryan could respond. Your films
always get rejected? That is at least some information. Everyone knows
festivals do not accept everything. Suppose one reader of this post
knows the films of the rejectee, and thinks they are unusually fine and
original. Many years of rejections might make the reader think
negatively about the festival's selection process. If the reader
dislikes the same films, the contrary might be true.

What bothers me is that in the last four years, negative comments issued
in one liners with no reasons and no facts have not only become common
in our political discourse, but seem to have spread into other fields.
It saddens me to see them on this list. In fact, full disclosure, one of
these two posters issued a comment against me a couple of years ago,
provoked by nothing as far as I could tell.

Fred Camper
Chicago