[Frameworks] 2 sides screen: materials

Esperanza Collado esperanzacollado1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 10:48:12 UTC 2022

Dear Frameworkers,

I am preparing a film installation composed of 2 16mm film projections
where the screen will be placed between them, very much like Michael
Snow's *Two
Sides to Every Story* in form. I believe this installation format is quite
common nowadays, I have seen it in exhibitions before, but I wonder what
kind of material I could use for the screen that is not translucent. I am
not interested in melting both projections into one image or something of
the sort, so I would like to find an opaque material.

I guess this could be done with any rigid object, like a sheet of steel or
wood treated on both sides with a special painting, but maybe there are
other options out there that may be interesting to try.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

best

--
Esperanza Collado