[Frameworks] A new book: Lost Highways, Embodied Travels & thanks

Kornelia Boczkowska kornelia.boczkowska at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 19:00:09 UTC 2023

Hi Pip,

Me neither and I don’t want speak for those who proposed/defined the
corporeal turn in avant-garde film, but my guess is that some
experimental films – to a lesser or greater extent – only reference
selected genre conventions and should not be necessarily considered
horror or pornographic films per se unless the makers themselves label
them as such. The same goes for road movies as experimental film usually
defies genre, narrative, editing and other conventions; at least this is
what I suggest in the book. So you may be a bit disappointed as I don't
discuss this theory in much detail, but merely use some aspects of it to
study how particular films explore a sensuous experience of travel, the
driver-car’s embodied connection to their surroundings and other things
(my focus was on case studies rather than film theory).

Again, I appreciate your interest in the book and thanks for your
comments and the info on these films! I’ll take a look at them when I
get a chance.

All the best!

Kornelia