[Frameworks] East Coast tour of A Synesthete's Atlas

Eric Theise erictheise at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 20:31:33 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I've been manipulating projected digital maps in collaboration with
musicians and sound artists as a form of expanded cinema since April 2022.
It's especially rewarding to do these in a city where a cartography or
geography conference is being held so I've assembled an East Coast tour
to coincide with two. Detailed listings will appear in This Week,
expcinema.org, and on social media but here's the rough schedule.

You'll note gaps; some are intentional, some can't be avoided. I would be
very interested in hearing from anyone interested in my giving a
performance between 15 and 22 Oct in Pennsylvania, Ohio, or along the
Eastern Seaboard. I'm also available for Eastern Seaboard and other dates
after the Baltimore conference, that is, after 24 Oct and before 10 Nov.

1 Oct with The Asthmatic (one-woman band and sound collage artist), The
Apohadion Theater, Portland, Maine. Kerry Laitala opens with three pieces!

2 Oct with The Asthmatic (one-woman band and sound collage artist), Russell
Theatre, University of Southern Maine, Gorham, Maine. Lecture and
performance. Sponsored by the Osher Map Library.

4 Oct. Brown University, Providence, RI. I'll speak to Ed Osborn's Time
Deformations course. If a public performance with Ed materializes for the
5th, 6th, or 3rd, it'll be sponsored by The Map Center.

7 Oct with Veronica Mercedes Jurkiewicz and Carlos Santiago (strings) in a
benefit for Fire Museum Presents, The Perch, Philadelphia, PA.

8 Oct with Jim Ryan (winds) and Darien Baiza (drums), Rhizome, Washington,
DC.

14 Oct with Trē Seguritan Abalos (flutes and electronics), Creative Coffee
& Supply, Pittsburgh, PA. This one's a co-production with Pittsburgh
Sound + Image and is in conjunction with a talk I'll give at the North
American Cartographic Information Society's annual meeting.

23 Oct with Darien Baiza (drums) and others TBD, Red Room/High Zero,
Baltimore, MD. This one's in conjunction with the annual FOSS4GNA (Free and
Open Source Software for Geospatial, North America) conference.

For a brief glimpse into the work, see
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/asynesthetesatlas/
For longer excerpts and a schedule, see https://erictheise.com/performances/
For more and longer excerpts, see https://vimeo.com/showcase/9472177