[Frameworks] Loading two super 8 film in the Lomo Tank

vassily bourikas vassilybourikas at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 12:00:41 CST 2011

Hi Kevin,

The following has nothing to do with the arrangement of your spirals but it does
have to do with avoiding light leaks.

The top screw, the one that is kind of tulip shaped, has a small hole in it.
(I am not next to a Lomo tank right now to make a picture but you will locate it
for sure)

Cover that hole. A small piece of decent black gaffer tape will stay there a
long time.
If you leave it uncovered you will find that light will leak through this hole,
and affect the several frames that are directly under it. It will be very
visible, specially on the film on the upper deck of your Lomo tank. Blocking
that hole hardly affects the flow of the chemicals.

I hope this helps. I tried to read all the other posts on the matter, I
apologize if someone has covered this already.

Happy processing and happy new year,

Vassily Bourikas
Laba
Athens

Vassily Bourikas
THESSALONIKI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, 3-12 December 2010
9 Alexandras Avenue.
TK 11473, Athens, Greece.
-
t: +30 210 8706000 ext.330