[Frameworks] Unravel - the longest hand painted film in Britain, pop up shop opening tomorrow

unravel film unravelfilm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 17:04:07 CST 2011

Hello frameworkers

If you find yourself situated near Euston station in London tomorrow we are
opening our three week residency at 157 Robert Street (NW1 3RQ) as part of
Camden Council's Pop-Up Shop programme. We are opening from 5pm until 9pm
tomorrow and will be opening every Wednesday to Sunday from 12-5pm until the
27th March so feel free to drop in and help us accumulate our epic 16mm
film...

Unravel is an epic project that is creating a hand painted film that
correlates in length with the 874 miles between John O'Groats and Land's End
- taking each metre between these two edges of mainland Britain as a ratio
to equal one frame of 16mm film.
In collaboration with national film venues, art galleries, community spaces
and educational institutions across England, Scotland and Wales we have been
holding touring workshops aiming to amass an epic sixteen hour film that is
created and manipulated by hand, by a diverse demographic of the people of
Britain.

Free of charge and open to all, we involve as many local communities as
possible - from young children and families to experienced film veterans.
Unravel aims to turn the viewer into the maker of the work in a literal
'hands-on' way.
We hope that these events are as entertaining, informative and inspiring
introduction to film making, providing an informal setting for people to
interact with each other as much as the project.
Formed by Maria Anastassiou and Chris Paul Daniels whilst studying at the
Royal College of Art, Unravel is also comprised of OKO Lab of Leeds (Mark
Pickles and Joanna Byrne) and, Manchester based, Kelvin Brown.

Unravel - The longest hand painted film in Britain
http://unravelfilm.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134171989952433