[Frameworks] a question about negative film stock for s-8mm

Marco Poloni mar.poloni at gmail.com
Wed May 22 23:54:32 UTC 2013

Hi Buck,

Thanks so much about your reply. Sharp and really informative. I will
wait for more replies but already want to react to your email.

I had a look at the footage you linked. Yes, the sky looks terrible
when shot with 200T and 500T, even when scanned at Cinelicious.
Consistent with what I got. I heard many good things about Cinelicious
and was thinking of re-scanning there but after reading you it's clear
I will only get marginally better results.

I am now keen on making a side-by-side comparison between Fuji Velvia
50D, which is a reversal film available in Europe (but also in the US
I believe, through Spectra Films), and Kodak Vision3 50D. If I do so,
I will upload the results.

Yeah, R.I.P. Ekta 100D indeed.

Thank you again,
Marco