[Frameworks] Cinematograph /// 27.04 + 04/05 /// The Duke of Wellington, London, N1 4BL

Ben Pritchard mrbenpritchard at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 22 10:43:29 UTC 2014

Very much looking forward to these two screenings taking place over the
next fortnight at the Duke of Wellington in Dalston...

*VIDEO CIRCUITS*
27 April
8pm start. Free entry.
The Duke of Wellington, N1 4BL.

Video Circuits is a blog and forum that showcases a diverse range of work,
featuring video art, experimental animation and synaesthetic exploration.
For this screening, Video Circuits’ founder Chris King selects a programme
of new work taken from contributors to this prolific artist forum.

Artists:

James Alec Hardy
http://sitbackandrelapse.webs.com/<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsitbackandrelapse.webs.com%2F&h=LAQG9LMSp&enc=AZNdFGRyFbgRESQjtEYL_i_yohGY1Z7ZuX-V-wnin3YeO_EBy2YtOUcBZekoYe0MZcE&s=1>

Alexander Peverett
http://alexanderpeverett.com/<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Falexanderpeverett.com%2F&h=7AQHmqsbW&enc=AZPo7a30RNx1Yc_so8EQTm5CYrSz2DlPpfEP7B8PnaoGo2y3XpEqyekf5Xu7eGu8OC8&s=1>

Victoria Keddie & Scott kiernan
http://victoriakeddie.com/<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvictoriakeddie.com%2F&h=bAQEal050&enc=AZOHtRJ5i5q0uAPZtnjEGuueFKAfRHAKphITLmf71X1cwrzZ9YZxsy5QIqWEvxdheFA&s=1>
http://www.scottkiernan.com/

Sabrina Ratte http://sabrinaratte.com/

Marc Bascougnano http://runningtimeblog.blogspot.com/

Philip Baljeu http://ruinelectronics.com/

Jennifer Juniper Stratford http://jjstratford.com/

Pia Van Gelder http://piavangelder.com/

*Video Circuits Group <https://www.facebook.com/groups/VIDEOCIRCUITS/>*

*Video Circuits Blog <http://videocircuits.blogspot.co.uk/>*

*Cinematograph <http://cinematographfilmclub.tumblr.com/next>*

*WINDOW/FRAME*
4 May
8pm start. Free entry.
The Duke of Wellington, N1 4BL.

A collection of films selected by Amy Dickson and Jamie Jenkinson.

*Working to the idea of a frame, a window, a ratio; the screening will
explore various ways these have been appropriated through the fixed frame
of single screen film and video. Whether physical, conceptual or
metaphorical, we will select pieces by contemporary and past makers that
address the issue of the frame within the work.*

Amy Dickson - Window 2, 10mins (2011)
Nicky Hamlyn – Second Toronto Film, 3min (2007)
Jamie Jenkinson - Plants on Windowsill I & II, 3mins (2012/14)
Kurt Kren - Fenstergucker, Abfall, etc., 5mins (1962)
Simon Payne – Pin Line Plane 8mins, (2010)
Józef Robakowski – Nearer Further, 4mins (1985)
John Smith – Worst Case Scenario, 18mins (2001-2003)

*Amy Dickson* <http://www.amydickson.co.uk/> and *Jamie
Jenkinson*<http://www.jamiejohnjamesjenkinson.com/>are both artists
working and living in London.

*Cinematograph <http://cinematographfilmclub.tumblr.com/next>*