[Frameworks] Jazz Music and Avant-Garde Film

Pip Chodorov frameworks at re-voir.com
Fri Nov 10 14:12:04 UTC 2017

Chuck,

As a "DVD executive" I can tell you that we
simply sign contracts with filmmakers in which
they indemnify us against any copyright claims.

In some cases we have signed contracts for found
footage films in which we invented the clause
below (our contract with Martin Arnold is a good
example). We have never had a problem.

Re:Voir Video understands that the Films are made
from uncleared, recuperated material, images and
sounds from previously released feature films.
Due to the nature of this work, neither Licensor
nor Re:Voir Video can guarantee that their
distribution in the form of Home Video Products
will not incur claims, liens or encumbrances and
both parties agree to share costs to defend this
form of work as creative, new and original fair
use of cultural media fabric.

-Pip