[Frameworks] Readings on alternative spaces for cinema?

Ben Ogrodnik ben.ogrodnik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 16:05:45 UTC 2019

Hi Chris,

There is a lot of good writing on the subject of alternative venues for
experimental and independent film. Besides the excellent "Exhibition" issue
of INCITE magazine, here are two historical articles that come to mind:

“The Persistent Transience of Microcinema (in the United States and Canada)”
Donna de Ville in *Film History* Vol 27, No 3 2015: 104-136.

“Experimental Screens in the 1960s and 1970s: The Site of Community,” Tess
Takahashi, *Cinema Journal* Vol 51 Issue 2 (Winter 2012): 162-167, 172.

Cheers,
Ben

Ben Ogrodnik
Department of Film Studies // History of Art and Architecture
2018-2019 Mellon/ACLS Dissertation Completion Fellow
<https://www.acls.org/research/fellow.aspx?cid=109f7b4b-162e-e811-80d3-000c299476de>
University of Pittsburgh
BWO6 at pitt.edu