[Frameworks] Four upcoming screenings in New York

Fred Camper f at fredcamper.com
Tue Jan 10 21:04:17 UTC 2023

This is to announce four upcoming screenings that I will attend and
speak at in New York. Two were organized in connection with the
publication of my book, /Seeking Brakhage /(
https://fredcamper.com/Brakhage/SeekingBrakhage.html ), which collects
my various writings on this filmmaker published over the course of 56
years, and two are identical screenings of my own very early films,
scheduled at the request of the curators at the two venues.

The screenings at the Museum of the Moving Image were not included in
the weekly avant-garde film screenings posted to this list.

The Brakhage screenings are on Saturday, January 14, at 4:00 PM at the
Museum of the Moving Image (
https://movingimage.us/event/stan-brakhage-1954-2001/ ), and Sunday,
January 15, at 7:30 PM, at Anthology Film Archives
(http://anthologyfilmarchives.org/film_screenings/calendar?view=list&month=01&year=2023#showing-55531
<http://anthologyfilmarchives.org/film_screenings/calendar?view=list&month=01&year=2023#showing-55531>
). The programs are quite different. The first is my argument for the
movement away from concretely namable subjects as characterizing most of
Brakhage’s greatest films, while the second has no 16mm films, but 8mm
/Songs/ and all the films made on 35mm (or wider) formats that are
available in 35mm, so that you will be able to see Brakhage’s very
different uses of those very different gauges.

The identical programs of my own little-known early films, made between
ages 19 and 21 and all in 16mm, will be held on Saturday, January 14, at
6:30 PM at the Museum of the Moving Image (
https://movingimage.us/event/the-films-of-fred-camper/ ) and Monday,
January 16, at 7:30 PM at Anthology Film Archives (
http://anthologyfilmarchives.org/film_screenings/calendar?view=list&month=01&year=2023#showing-55531
<http://anthologyfilmarchives.org/film_screenings/calendar?view=list&month=01&year=2023#showing-55531>
, and scroll down), and I will introduce each of the five films in those
programs.

Fred Camper
Chicago