[Frameworks] international student filmmaker question

Joan Hawkins jchawkin93 at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 20:24:59 UTC 2023

Hi all, I need advice from people who have worked with international students. One of my Brazilian students has three shorts in post-production and, when they are completed, he would like to submit them to festivals. The international office here at Indiana University doesn't seem to know if a possible cash prize would violate the terms of his visa. It doesn't seem to me that it should, since it's a prize and not wages-- but if any of you have experience that would help here, please advise. Feel free to message off-list or on. thanks, Joan

Joan Hawkinsjchawkin93 at yahoo.com
Professor Cinema and Media StudiesIndiana University Bloomington